Parasailing is one of the most popular water sports for all ages and people come from all over the world to fly the sky in Destin. Parasailing with Pelican Adventures is a MUST DO while vacationing Destin and exhilarating for up to 3 people at the maximum height of 500 feet above the Gulf of Mexico and 300 feet above the Choctawahatchee with amazing views of the Emerald Coast. Pelican Adventures prides ourselves in offering the most safe and enjoyable experience where you can relax, floating on air. Some tips to consider when parasailing Destin:
1. Make sure you book with only licensed and insured businesses. Pelican Adventures in Destin is US Coast Guard licensed and specifically trained in all aspects of parasailing, flight procedures and boat handling with over 19 years experience. We are an active member of the Water Sports Industry Association (WSIA) staying up to date on regulations, guidelines and industry news.
2. Pay close attention to the Captain and Mate’s instruction and rules for operation and follow all safety guidelines. Everyone is given a life jacket as a safety precaution regardless of whether you plan to get wet or not. The seat on the parasail is a body harness attached to the tow bar, which is connected to the chute. The tow line is attached to the tow bar and hooked directly to the boat. Parasailing you are in a “sitting” position gliding through the sky!
3. Dress comfortably and arrive wearing what you intend to wear for your parasailing excursion. Pelican Adventures does have restrooms available but it’s best to be ready in case of crowds during the busy season. Also apply all sunscreen ahead of the trips so you enjoy the entire length of your excursion.
4. Pelican Adventures has 2 parasailing boats scheduled 7 days a week sun up to sun down to offer trips for everyone’s schedule. Both boats are equipped for up to 12 passengers. There is a small cubby area under the benches for you to stow personal belongings like flip flops, sunglasses, towel, etc… Please don’t bring large ice chests or anything that will be in the way.
5. Make reservations at least two or three days in advance during the high season. If you are going in a large group, four to five days in advance is better. Book online to receive extra discounting. Pelican Adventures offers 50% off the 2nd flier BOGO!
6. Book parasailing for early morning for the best overall experience. This is by far the best time to go parasailing in Florida because the temperatures are cooler, the winds are light and the Gulf of Mexico is calmer. Early morning is the best time for your Destin parasailing adventure with less traffic, possibly fewer people on your boat and a beautiful flight. Mornings are usually better water visibility as well and hopefully allow for viewing Gulf sea life from the air!
7. Ask about age and weight limitations for parasailing. You may ask how old do you have to be to parasail. The minimum age is six years old and anyone below 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who signs a liability waiver.
8. Bring a camera/ phone to capture the moment! Pelican Adventures also offers photos for purchase on a professional grade camera where you keep the memory chip as a souvenir.
9. Spectators may join the parasailing excursion and ride on the boat to watch but must also have a reservation as we are limited to passenger counts. Spectators will also need to complete a liability waiver and the fee to ride is $25 for spectators.
10. HAVE FUN!
Give us a call or email us with any questions (850) 650-3825 and click here to book online and receive our BOGO offer!